WHAT TO KNOW
UPDATED October 21, 2020
The goal and heart of this ministry is to support you in your journey of encountering Jesus through creativity. It is our heart to always remain attentive to the law and to serve you in a manner which is both pleasing to God and honoring to your rights and wishes.
To achieve this effectively with your best interest in mind, this privacy notice provides you with details of how your personal data is collected and processed through your use of this site, grow.rebekahrjones.com.com, as well as our sister sites which include but are not limited to rebekahrjones.com, help.rebekahrjones.com, pageprep.com, hearttofreedom.com and course.rebekahrjones.com.
Much of this legal wording is more “stuffy” and “formal”, than the general focus of content found from this ministry. Nonetheless, it is necessary, transparent and useful for all, that we allow this notice to speak as it does. Above all, know that we do everything with you and those who may be ministered to here, on our minds, right down to the littlest details. May you feel cared for, even in the depth of this legal communication.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Rebekah Jones is the data protection officer of Kingdom Culture Ministries (which is the umbrella for Rebekah R Jones ministry). She is responsible for your personal data, (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Full name of legal entity: Kingdom Culture Ministries
Email address: [email protected]
Admiral’s Yard, Low Rd, Suite 42,
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at [email protected]
2. WHAT DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymized data. Allowing this information to be processed by us, allows us to better serve you and in some cases is necessary for you to continue accessing our services and/or content.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through a contact form on our websites, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting, or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance, or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services, such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, login details, purchase details and/or your card details. This includes and is not limited in relation to single, split and/or recurring transaction data. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- Financial Supporter Data that includes data relating to any purchases/donations of any financial support of this ministry, such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, login details, purchase details and/or your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services agreed to be offered as a thank you for your support and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our websites and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our websites, or through other online services. We process this data to operate our websites and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our websites, to maintain back-ups of our websites and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our websites, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our websites and our business.
- Volunteer and/or Contractor Data that includes data necessary to fulfill your role as a volunteer or contractor, such as your name, title, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, financial details, login details, and any other data necessary to be a volunteer or contractor. We process this data to allow you to fulfill this role and to keep records of such transactions and interactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract and/or agreement between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract and/or agreement.
- Feature Content Data that includes data necessary to be featured or to provide guest content, such as your name, title, email address, website, social media profile links, phone number, contact details, survey responses, blog contributions and any other data necessary to fullfill any agreement set out. We process this data to allow you to fulfill any agreement made and to keep records of such transactions and interactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of an agreement between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a agreement.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our websites and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our websites, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website(s), time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our websites. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking systems. We process this data to analyze your use of our websites and other online services, to administer and protect our business and websites, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our websites and our business and to grow our business and to decide our strategies for marketing to those who are, or may be interested in what we offer. In most cases, we generally process this information to understand what a majority of users are doing and would not entail reviewing individual information. Allowing this information to be processed by us, allows us to better serve you as a user.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as workshops, quizzes, competitions, giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how users and customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and/or Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook or Instagram advertisements or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business, thus reaching more individuals with our message. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business, thus reaching more individuals with our message).
We do not require any Sensitive Data about you, to use any of our services. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
You may wish to voluntarily provide Sensitive Data through communication such as email or messaging, or on our sites during interaction with us, or others who also use our services. We are not responsible nor reasonably able to protect Sensitive Data which you choose to share publicly. Should you wish to no longer have previously publicized Sensitive Data available publicly, it would be your responsibility to delete this content in any location which it is possible for you to do so of your own accord. If requested by you, we would make every reasonable effort to delete content where it is not possible for you to do so yourself. We will protect Sensitive Data shared with us privately, at the level at which all other data is said to be protected within this Privacy Notice.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you, if you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered or begun, but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this you may email us at [email protected]. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We carry out some automated decision making and other types of automated profiling. If you provide your email address to us for the purpose of subscribing to receive emails, purchasing a product or service, being featured and/or a contributor, guest, or by donating or similar, your details would be privately processed automatically to ensure you receive correspondence which you expect or may be of interest to you, or for similar purposes. With such a large growing community, these automations are critical to freeing time for being more present to the community without an otherwise administrative burden.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, or similar. We may also receive data from publicly availably sources.
4. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business, thus reaching more individuals with our message).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Under ICO guidance regarding marketing communications, we may rely on the basis of legitimate interests to market to you. We spend a substantial portion of our overall time creating content which is free. As can be expected, delivering these services come at a monetary cost as well as in time invested. The founder of this ministry and school, Rebekah R Jones, volunteered 100% of her more than full time work for over one year before ever taking any small salary to support her family, while ensuring the ministry could sustain growth. This value and heart remains in the way we do business and while at times comes at a cost, is a labor of love.
We believe people understand the fundamental need for a worker to earn a living to provide for their family and that those who use the services of this ministry wish for Rebekah and her team to be able to continue investing 100% of their work time into the continuance and growth of this ministry by earning a living which supports them not seeking work elsewhere. We believe users of the services of this ministry understand these practical needs which allow us to reach a growing number of people with our message, through dedication in time committed to the cause and in paying necessary expenses to run the ministry through charging for some services.
We believe that how we use data is proportionate and has a minimal privacy impact. Because of the way in which we communicate and inform users about both free and paid content throughout their experience with our services, we believe people would not be surprised to get this proportionate amount of marketing, or likely object and of course, they would not be caused harm by our marketing to them on this basis of legitimate interests.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by selecting the “opt-out of marketing” link on the footer of any broadcast email sent to you or, by emailing us at [email protected] at any time. If you opt out of marketing (which we hope you won’t), we would stop communicating via email and/or advertizing regarding any new paid-for opportunities. All communications regarding previous purchases and/or regarding any free content and/or services, would continue to come until such time as you unsubscribe fully at the bottom of any email you receive. Emails would stop coming relatively quickly after these actions and advertizement preference would be updated on a monthly basis where possible.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, etc. Unsubscribing fully would disallow this ministry to communicate to you about anything, including about transactions, such as purchases, etc.
We never share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
- Contractors, volunteers and/or employees to work on our behalf.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions so we are able to service your needs with their help.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorization. We also allow access to your personal data only to employees, partners, contractors and/or volunteers who have a business need to know such data. These individuals are carefully chosen and sign an agreement which includes that they will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for, we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you, as it would no longer identify you.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent. We make every effort to keep your rights and protection at the center of our decision making with regard to processing your data.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, please contact us so that we may try to resolve it at [email protected]. We make every effort to abide at the highest legal and moral standards and wish to care for you and your data with the utmost respect and care. You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (ico.org.uk), which we hope you will never wish to do, or feel need for.
10. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
We take seriously which third-parties we do business with and how it will affect your privacy. This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications, etc. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
You are loved. x